How to Use this Site
Welcome and thank you for joining USAManifesto.com.
The process flow for how this site works is as follows:
- You register with the site as an anonymous user, all that is required is that you have a valid email account and choose a unquie screen name. You can choose to become a public user if you wish but will have to either obtain a paid membership for $6.99 or provide some scanned copy of identifying information in order to do so.
- An American resident can become an American registered user but must either obtain a paid verified user membership for $0.99 or provide a scanned copy of identification (Health Card, Driver's License, etc.) to do so. Once approved identification copy is deleted.
- You can choose to add an item for debate and potential manifesto inclusion purposes.
- All users can read, comment and favorite items, only American registered users can rate and include items in a personal manifesto (ranked list).
- All personal manifestoes are combined into an overall manifesto by an algorithm used by the site.
- The overall manifesto provides a glimpse into what is considered most important to all of the American registered users combined together at that particular time.
Posted items should, as much as possible, address the 5W's (who, what, where, when, why and how). Ideas do not need to be novel (can be something you previously read about and thought was a good idea) but check that you are not duplicating an idea that has already been posted. Please ensure (if possible) that your posted items contain validating information for other users to consider. While it is possible for inaccurate and misleading postings to be added by less than scrupulous users, this site works on the premise that you might be able to fool some of the people some of the time but you will not be abe to fool all of the people all of the time and unscrupulous posting will be identified as such.
Free speech is good, cheap speech is not, though we want to keep speech on the site as raw and unfiltered as possible, please keep your speech free of cheapness.
A posting should only be in english since site administration takes place only in english.
Young people are allowed and encouraged to join and participate but should have parental or guardian permission to do so.
The purpose of this site is to identify in a safe place realistic courses of action that can improve the well-being of Americans. Your privacy is important and we will strive by design to keep your private information private. If you are an anonymous user take care not to use an avatar that could be used to identify you (safest would be not to use an avatar at all). For extra security you may also want to consider the use of a VPN (virtual private network) and to use an email address that cannot be used to identify you personally. See the FAQ section for further information on how to use the site.